How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost in Vienna, Virginia?
Are you considering taking years off of your appearance with an eyelid lift? Then you’re likely wondering about what to expect, as well as the answer to the question, “How much does eyelid surgery cost in Vienna, Virginia?”
Here’s what you need to know, whether you’re pursuing upper or lower blepharoplasty – or both!
What Is Blepharoplasty, and What Does It Treat?
Blepharoplasty, commonly referred to as eyelid surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that focuses on rejuvenating the appearance of your eyelids.
The primary goals of this surgery are to remove excess skin, address fat deposits that cause a puffy look, and tighten the surrounding muscles and tissues. This creates a more youthful and refreshed appearance by treating signs of aging, including sagging, wrinkles, and bags around your eyes.
How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost in Vienna, Virginia? Is It Expensive?
While the cost of this surgical technique varies, the average price is estimated to be $4,120, according to the most recent data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This only includes the cost of surgery itself and not the additional fees that come with it.
It’s important that you book a consultation with a reputable surgeon for an accurate quote based on your unique needs.
What Factors Affect the Cost of Eyelid Surgery?
Pricing cosmetic procedures is not as cut and dry as many people think. There are many factors that are considered when surgeons determine pricing for eyelid surgery, including but not limited to:
- Anesthesia fees: The kind of anesthesia used and who administers it affects the overall price. Some forms of anesthesia are more affordable than others.
- Extent of procedure: How complex your treatment plan is plays an important role in the cost. If you’re having both your upper and lower eyelids treated instead of one or the other, or including additional procedures like a brow lift, you can expect to pay more.
- Facility fees: The facility in which your surgery is performed contributes to how much you’ll pay. Accredited facilities with advanced equipment and strict safety standards may have higher fees, however they’re definitely worth it for the satisfaction and high-quality care you’ll receive.
- Geographic location: You might not realize it, but where you live actually affects the cost of cosmetic surgeries. Locations with a higher cost of a living or increased demand for aesthetic procedures typically come with a slightly higher price tag for your blepharoplasty.
- Surgeon’s expertise: The skills, credentials, and experience of your facial surgeon play a major role in the cost of your eyelid surgery. Highly skilled, board-certified doctors usually charge higher fees to reflect their expertise. Similarly to accredited facilities, this is worth the investment, as it ensures your safety and satisfaction.
Does Insurance Cover Blepharoplasty? Is Financing an Option?
While it’s not very likely that insurance will cover eyelid surgery, there’s still a possibility, especially if there’s medical justification for it. For example, if you have so much excess skin around your eyes that it affects your vision, you may be eligible for at least partial coverage of your procedure.
Financing may be offered by your provider, so make sure to ask during your consultation. While it doesn’t reduce the price, it does help make it more manageable, as you can make monthly payments instead of taking the hit to your wallet all at once.
Consult With Dr. Jae Kim in Nearby Fairfax Today to Receive a Customized Quote for Your Eyelid Surgery!
Dr. Jae Kim is a highly experienced, double-board-certified surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery including blepharoplasty. Our before / after gallery of past eye procedures tells all about our high-quality results personalized to each patient.
Don’t wait – call us now at 703-782-3003 for more insight on the question, “How much does eyelid surgery cost in Vienna, Virginia?”